Lumber Jack Baked Beans
8 slices of bacon
1 small onion
1 3/4 cup of brown sugar
1 U-shaped Johnsonville sausage (pick your fav. flavor)
1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 1/2 tsp ginger
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 16 oz can butter beans
1 16 oz can pinto beans
1 16 oz can red kidney beans
1 30oz can Bush's Homestyle Baked Beans ( I use countrystyle if they do not have homestyle)
1. In a large skillet fry up your bacon, until crispy and browned along the edges. Remove it from the pan onto a plate lined with a paper towel. Remove all but 2 tsp of grease from the pan.
2. Toss your onions into the hot pan. Cook until golden and wilted.
3. While your onions cook stir together the brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, dry mustard, ginger, and salt. Then chop the jalepeno. We chop it in bigger pieces.
4. Pour the sauce over the onions. Add the Jalapeno. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Drain and rinse all beans. EXCEPT for the Bush's homestyle. Don't drain those ones.
6. Add all the beans to a 3 quart dish. If you double this recipe it fills a 16 inch dutch oven.
7. Pour the onion mixture over the beans. Crumble your bacon and add. Chop and add the Johnsonville sausage to it.
8. Stir, and cover with foil.
9. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Remove from oven, stir, leave uncovered and cook for 30 more minutes. In a crock pot it's about 3-4 hours. (doubling it made it take about 20 minutes longer to cook, or it could have been my oven that day.)