Saturday, October 11, 2014

Nun's Puff's

A few days ago my 4 yr old brought me these red baking cups and said, "Please make me those yummy things."  I knew what he meant.  We made some right then.  They are like a German pancake.
This recipe is from a Betty Crocker cookbook.  Not sure why it has this name.  


Nun's Puff's
Makes 12
prep time- 15 minutes
cook time - 30 min.

1/2 cup of butter
1 cup of milk
3/4 cup of flour
4 eggs
1 tablespoon of sugar

1. Grease or line muffin pan.  Heat oven to 375 Degrees.

2. In a saucepan melt butter; add milk.  Bring to a boil.

3.  Add Flour all at once and stir vigourusly.

4. Cook and stir until it forms a ball that doesn't separate.

5. Remove pan from heat and add eggs one at a time.   Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.  

6. Divide dough evenly.  Sprinkle with sugar (I never do because the kids put jam on top)

7. Bake for 30 minutes. 

3 comments:

ToniL said...

Thank you for posting! This recipe is in my boyfriends BC cookbook but not in mine! They are loved by both households and when my daughter asked for them while at our house... I was in a frenzy until I saw your post that you had taken it from BC. Now I have it here too. Happy daughter, happy mom

Kimberly said...

ToniL- Your comment made me smile. I am curious is your cookbook or your boyfriends newer? Mine is about 15 1/2 years old. I bought it right after I got married.

Unknown said...

Omgosh, never realized I got a reply comment on this. So sorry for the long delay LOL, time..... crazy, he is now my fiancé and my daughter Has gone off to college! His cookbook is about eight or 10 years old mine also about 15 years old or so. His is a hardcover though and mine is a paperback, not sure if that matters in the publishing of what recipes go where. I have been using a copy I printed out of these and seem to have misplaced so when my girl just asked for the "puffy thingys" I knew where Icould get the tried and true recipe quick, thanks again so many times over!