Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fruity Cheesecake

Thanks to my friend Katie at The Cookin Mama's Blog  this is my favorite cheesecake recipe.  This recipe is cooked at 325 not 350.  Yes, from experience I made that mistake and it was super dry.  I cooked it for a family get together and  I was so disappointed.  Don't make the same mistake I did. 


Fruity Cheesecake

60 Nilla Wafers crushed (about 2 cups)
5 tbsp. butter or margarine melted
3 tbsp. sugar
4 pkg (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened (I used Philadelphia Cream Cheese)
1 c. sugar
2 tbsp. flour
1 c. sour cream
4 eggs
1 Large pkg instant vanilla pudding (dry)
2 cups Cool Whip (I used more)
1 cup each blueberries, sliced strawberries, and sliced peeled kiwis

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 13x9 inch pan, with ends of foil extending over sides. Spray with Pam. (I only extended the foil over the two end sides.) Mix wafer crumbs, butter and 3 tbsp sugar. Press into the bottom of the pan. Bake 10 minutes.

Beat cream cheese, 1 c. sugar and flour in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each just until blended. Stir in dry pudding mix. Pour over crust.

Bake 1 hour or until center of cheesecake is almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 4 hours. Lift cheesecake from pan with foil handles. Remove and discard foil. Place cheesecake on platter; spread with cool whip. Top with fruit just before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.

No comments: