Tuesday, December 16, 2014

3 ingredient Clean Eating Chocolate



These little nuggets are like Doves dark chocolates.  I like these better.  I have been playing around with chocolate recipes on the web and have found a few things out: 
-If you are trying to make candy without white sugar, then Pure Maple Syrup makes a good replacement.  Honey sinks to the middle to fast and so the edges of the candy tasted BLAH. Agave wasn't sweet enough for it or maybe I should say for me.
-The type of cocoa powder you use makes or breaks this recipe.  If you don't like these the first time you make it try a different cocoa powder.  I use the stuff from the bulk bins at Winco.  Simple and it works well in this recipe.
-They have to be stored in the fridge. Coconut oil turns into a liquid at 76 °.  These are not M&M's, they will melt in your hand.
-Don't be fooled into thinking you can eat a lot of these since they are not made with white sugar.  Coconut oil and Pure Maple syrup are high in Calories so these are about 50-56 calories per chocolate.  It depends on how much you put into your mold.  My silicone molds are mini ice cube trays.  Each square is 1 ¼ inch by 1 ¼ inch,  I fill them ½ full.
-I bought my molds at the Outlet Malls in Park City.  I don't know the name of the kitchen store but it's right next to Mrs. Fields.  Don't ask how I know that, ☺  okay I LOVE cookies.   Ikea also has some molds that would work. 


3 Ingredient Clean Eating Chocolate
 by: Homerunrecipes.blogspot.com

1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
1/4 Cup Coconut oil
3- Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup


Put coconut oil in a microwave proof bowl and microwave for 30 seconds or till melted.  Stir in cocoa powder and syrup. Stir till it's all blended well.  (I stir for a good 2-3 minutes).
Next put into silicone ice cube trays or silicone muffin cups.
Put into freezer until they have set up, about 30 min.  Pop them out into a contain and store in fridge or freezer.
****I prefer to eat them from the freezer.  Try dipping it, or use manners and spread with a knife, almond butter or peanut butter on it, right before you eat one.  It's a little piece of heaven. 

No comments: