Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ice Cream Jello

Vanilla ice cream just sits in our freezer.  We are weird but we never remember it's there.  I was making jello for dinner last night and I decided to add ice cream in place of some of the water.  Mainly I was looking for an excuse to use the ice cream up.  This turned out to be super amazing.  I'm sure I am not the first person to do this but I am going to take credit for inventing it anyway. This will definitely become a regular.

3 oz.  box watermelon jello
1 1/2 cup water
1/4 gallon of vanilla ice cream

Mix jello and water.  Boil until jello is completely dissolved.  Pour in a serving bowl.  Next add ice cream and stir with a spoon until it's all melted.  Place in refrigerator for 4 hours.  It has a very light, mousse type texture, delicious!

No comments: